Adept Economics is proud to announce the opening of a full-time research assistant position, advertised on Seek. The position will be based in Brisbane with a flexible start date, potentially as early as November 2021.
Adept Economics was founded in 2014 with a vision of applying rigorous economic analysis and best practice data science to practical business and government policy problems. We believe the discipline of economics can help cut through complex issues, illuminate trade-offs, and guide better decision making.
About the role
Adept Economics requires a full-time Research Assistant to help in the delivery of projects for clients. Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- research and data analysis for various projects;
- updating of databases, charts and slide packs;
- preparation of draft website posts, briefings, and other publications; and
- some assistance with business administration.
Benefits and perks
- You will learn to apply your economics and data science skills to practical business and policy problems.
- Adept Economics is located in the Johnson, an Art Series hotel on Boundary St, Spring Hill, alongside a number of other dynamic and innovative businesses.
- Rigorous training and invaluable experience working directly with the Adept Economics Director.
- Project-related travel (depending on project requirements).
- Hybrid work arrangement possible.
Skills and experience
- Economics training preferred, but other disciplines are fine if you can demonstrate a keen awareness of economic issues and trends
- Excellent written communication skills – ideally you can demonstrate this by pointing to a high quality piece of writing you have produced
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Google equivalents)
- Data science skills would be looked upon very favourably (particularly if you can program in R), but not essential
If this position interests you, please do not hesitate to apply. Otherwise, feel free to circulate this advertisement with potentially interested young professionals.